Monday, March 28, 2005

I spent a busy weekend with Queen Mary and George V thanks to Jas. Pope-Hennessy who was in total cahoots with the Royals when researching his book. Guess there are worse cahoots to be in. I rather adored the non child centeredness of the times; the stifling infantilism of our own culture largely created by capitalism's realization early on in the information age that children, dogs and sex sell. Shudder.

Alors-- the press has discovered that universities harbor 70% left wingers. In my experience it was a bit higher. Thank goodness the Churchill Affair has brought this to light!Good old Berkeley ever the progressive is allowing him to speak. When something like this occurs I revert back to my social awareness of the 70s, which in the last decades meant nothing in this country.