Monday, January 17, 2005

James Truman's departure from Conde Nast -- he had agreed to read some of my articles (Duchamp, Clark,Fry) and all had hopes for the arts mag but he will ultimately be relieved.

NYTimes Book Review yesterday features a Pop Psychology Book about how first impressions are irrational and sometimes right and it becomes instant news. Gladwell had to be on the circuit; my book about QM and ESP more important and reached no one because ....ca le va sans dire.

On this dreary semi holiday I get a huge laugh out of a review of some book or other on Theories of Modern Art. Thus one George from Seattle: "I hate art more than I did after having read this book and attempted to make use of it in an art class. Artists are all a bunch of frauds who capitalize on ignorance and stupidity...to think these people have buildings for their worthless no talent pieces of crap." And on it went and I find my art historical head shaking Yes Yes.